Demo Request History
Getting info for CourseID: 1820
PHYS 201: Principles of Physics I-Section 1
TR 09:30-10:45 Room 203 Stephen Thornton
- I would like to have the PASCO 2-m track, motion detector, motion cart, fan for motion cart, block of wood to tilt track up. I want the motion detector to be on the left side of the track as the students see it. I will need the computer set up to see the motion.
I also want a tennis or racquet ball.
- video - Marble and Feather
- video - Free Fall Acceleration
- I need the two carts that you can stand or sit on. I would like a heavy bag that two students can toss between them. I need two force probes with the PASCO system to show Newton's third law. I don't think I need the 2-m track. I do need the devices that go on the end of the force probes: hooks and rubber, rubber band between them.
- video - The Monkey and the Hunter
- video - Bottle and Pencil
- Air Track Reaction Cars
(I did not get to do the demo last time that used the fan car on the airtrack that could push at least two carts. I want to show the change of acceleration by the same force (the air car). So I need this again.
- video - Newton's Sailboat
- Distortion Loops
- I want to demonstrate static and kinetic friction using the PASCO force probe, two - 1/2 kg masses to fit into the force probe and two boards with different frictional surfaces.
I would also like a spring placed horizontally on the table with one end connected to a fixed vertical rod and the other end free so I can pull on it to show F = -kx.
- photos - Tension in a String
- Force and Tension
- Coefficient of Friction
- The is the work done by a compressed spring version in PASCO. I want to do Lab 8 in PHYS142W. I have done this the last two years. I believe it is activities 2-2 and 3-1: Work done by a compressed spring and work-energy principle. Let's put in mass of cart and bar masses to make it agree.
- I want the toilet paper gun so I can shoot toilet paper out over the room. I would also like the leaf blower and large beach ball. I want the device to throw curve balls. I want the atomizer. I want the device with several different holes at various heights to show the water coming out has different speeds and trajectories.
- video - Venturi Tube
- video - Air Flow Dynamics
- I need two large (not small) styrofoam cups each about half full (with precisely the sam amount) of room temperature water. I need a piece of copper and aluminum metal of precisely the same size in boiling water with tongs so I can drop them in the cups of water. I need a PASCO thermometer in each cup with the DataStudio system so I can measure the temperature. I will supply the aluminum and copper pieces.
- video - Heat Conduction
- video - Thermal Conductivity
- video - Light The Match
- Jug O' Air
- Boyle's Law
- I want to do the demo where we push in a piston into a cylinder and light something. Adiabatic heating.
- Jug O' Air